ASCO Quality Training Program provides QA teams of oncology practices with the opportunity to master techniques of continuous quality assessment and improvement. through identification of a basic quality issue and completion of a pilot project on resolution through quality improvement measures. COT chose to participate in QTP to further enhance quality awareness for our practice.
An internal team was formed to receive this periodic training in the USA over a six month period between July and December 2016. The team is made up of the following staff members:
- Oncologist: Dr. George Rigakos MD
- Oncology Nurse: Frosso Vlachou RN
- Administrator: Ioanna Theodorakopoulou
Participation in ASCO Quality Training Program provided our QA team with the opportunity to master techniques of continuous quality assessment and improvement. This enabled them to:
- Improve clinical care and operational performance
- Balance Quality improvement projects with competing priorities
- Design, implement, and lead successful Quality Improvements in busy practice settings.
- Access QOPI faculty and coaches during and after sessions of in-person learning.